United and empowered women in the society
The empowerment of all women in economic, social, political and cultural spheres.
Goal 1: Strong and sustainable Women Associations.
1. Every parish in the Diocese of Udupi has one women’s association by the end of year 2014.
2. At least 5% women of a parish are members of the women association and the associations are actively functioning by the end of 2014.
3. Women federation is networking with other like-minded Organizations for issues of common interest by 2016.
Goal 2: Women are socio-economically and politically empowered.
1. At least 50% of the needy women in every Parish avails necessary government schemes by the end of 2015.
2. All the parishes have at least two Self Help Groups
and have established their own Federation at the taluka and district levels by 2016.
3. At least 50% of women of the parish actively take part in the Ward sabha, Grama Sabha and Jama bandhi etc. by the end of 2015.
4. At least 1 woman per parish is the member of the local self-governance structures by 2014.
5. District Women Federation has established a Cooperative society by the end of 2020.
Goal 3: Women and men enjoy their rights and equal status valuing the mutual partnerships
1. Women and men are aware of their rights as enshrined by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) and the Constitution by 2014.
2. Men and women take major decisions (about family matters and the resources of the family) in consultation with each other by 2015.
|Director||: Sr Teresa Martis FMM|
|Address||: Bishop’s House
Udupi Post – 576 101